Tuesday 29 December 2009

2010: THE YEAR OF THE POSH




I awoke this morning (or was it this afternoon, I forget which) to the sound of a council gritter finally managing to find the time tackle the side streets and estates of the Borough. Though several days’ late, at least old people will be able to venture to the shops once more: not everybody has a butler don’t you know.

Whilst the snow has been great fun (as you all know dear campers, I’m very fond of the white stuff) it is starting to thaw, unlike the relationship between myself and that vixen Allen (double grrrrrrrr). As the long driveway into Margaret Thatcher Towers becomes once again passable for the Bentley, now seems like a good time to visit my ward, ignore all those residents concerns and hit the bar at The Red Lion.

First however, I must compile my list of New Year resolutions. I have managed to keep to a few of the targets I set myself at the start of 2009. By avoiding various council gatherings in November, I exceeded all estimates in “not” attending meetings. I have also managed to keep the expense claims flowing in, as will be revealed in April 2010 when the Council releases my figures. However, not all aims have been realized. I still have no prospective parliamentary constituency, and that vixen Allen (double grrrrrrrr) has some how managed to resist my manly charms (I must double my effort and double my gins when it comes to this particular resolution).

So dear reader, it’s back to the drawing board on certain issues, and time to don the thinking cap when it comes to others.

2009 was a good year for The Posh: it had its highs, and it had its lows, and it had its bits in the middle.

2010 shall be a case of “full steam ahead” for another year of more of the same, but only larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment