Sunday 27 December 2009

2010 AND A CHANGE IN EDITORIAL POLICY







The last few days have been one of great personal contemplation and reflection. I have had a wild and spiffing time writing this little on line diary, but somehow it has never seemed…….enough. There is a very big pond out there dear reader, and whilst I am a very big fish when it comes to politics and market trading, clearly there are other fish in the pond. These other fish are also clamming to have their say. Perhaps now would be a good time to drop the pond/fish analogy and get to the point – I have decided to change my editorial policy.

As most of you are aware, when it comes to local politics, The Posh is somewhat of a chameleon. I may be a member of the Conservative Party, but when it comes to who I sleep with, I’m a bit of a “Thomas Moore”. During my period as a Councillor, I have supported all parties in their attempts to remain in power and protect their expenses. From 2010 onwards, I shall allow “guest” contributors to write for this site, including amongst others the council leader, the Mayor and the famous horse trainer, George Epsom. All and sundry shall be given the opportunity to have their say, justify their actions and generally vent their spleens.

Councillor Ian Malcovitch has kindly agreed to write a personal recollection of the first day we met. I shall post his account on New Years Day.

2010 – the year when climate change hit South Tyneside, the year when the flood gates opened.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/english/alternatives/4900

2 comments:

  1. Will Vixen Allen be having her say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall offer her the same terms and conditions that apply to say……Steve Harrison Ford, who has also agreed to contribute in 2010. Steve will be revealing the reasons why he left The Alliance, and exploring his secret love of Sunderland fans.

    However, Karen Allen (double grrrrrrrr) has already expunged me from history!

    So there’s your answer.

    ReplyDelete