Thursday 19 November 2009

GROOVY BABY


Some time ago I found out that local DJ MC Diddy was writing a song about yours truly. I have just received a copy of said ode and what a cracker it is. It makes me very proud to have a song written about me.

I have copied the lyrics below so you can sing along with me. The tune is based on a popular song by that 60’s beat combo, “The Kinks”.

Stinker, McWoody and I will be getting low down to this groove at a local night club near you!


“I am a dull and simple fop
Cannot tell water from champagne
and I have never met the Queen
And I wish I could have all he has got –

I wish I could be like David Posh

And when I lie on my pillow at night
I dream I could trade like David Posh
And lead the Conservative Group to victory
Take my expenses and spend the lot

He is the head boy of the three
He is the captain of the group
His is so gay (but not that way) and fancy free
And I wish I could have all the Sky remotes (batteries not included) he's got

I wish I could be like David Posh

And all the girls in the Red Lion
Try to go out with David Posh
They try their best but can't succeed
For he is of pure and noble greed”



http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/K/kinkslyrics/kinksdavidwattslyrics.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment