Wednesday 30 September 2009

THE MAN ABOUT TOWN WITH ODD SHAPED BALLS



“What is fame? The advantage of being known by people of whom you yourself know nothing, and for whom you care as little”.

I think it was Baden Powell, or perhaps Lord Byron, who offered the above mutterings, and never could such a quote explain my current crest of a wave.

Judging by the number of telephone calls I have received today, I, David Posh, am now officially famous!

On the camels back of two consecutive appearances in the Shields Gazette, I have been asked to open village fates, judge home made jams and appear as a double for Sid Little at a local gentlemen’s club (could it be Roxanne’s dear reader?).

I have also been asked to model some clothes for a well known “man about town” magazine. Whilst the thought of several free pairs of “Farah Action Slacks” is tempting, I do have my dignity to protect and a decision has been taken not to pursue this exercise in sartorial elegance. However, for those of you who like to be hip and happening, the current Gazette article has me modelling a retro “rugger” top, available from any second hand charity shop. Rugby tops, together with a set of odd shaped balls, are essential elements to any gentleman's wardrobe.

I have all three.

Whilst the publicity only enhances my chances of being served at the bar in The Red Lion before DJ MC Diddy, there is a very serious element to this plethora of press coverage in The Gazette. It means that Stinker Milburn, McWoody and I will not have to distribute a newsletter in the ward for at least another 12 months.

The people of Cleawood are now well aware that when it comes to Christmas trees, water towers and getting bigger signs for those with poor eye sight, there is nobody better than your three Conservative councillors’.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/New-signs-gets-speed-message.5689366.jp


PS

As to the people of East Bilburn, we may get round to your problems next year, but don’t quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment