Thursday 7 January 2010

THE GREAT ESCAPE




One of my favourite films is “The Great Escape”, and my favourite TV programme is “Call My Bluff”.

Oh boy, have I just had one, and oh girl, did I just call it!

Due to the bad weather, the Cleawood and East Bilburn CAF meeting has been cancelled. Whilst other people felt it was rather dangerous to risk the journey, I myself was prepared to forgo my own safety, risk life and limb, and take the short walk from The Britannia Inn to Cleawood Primary School – there’s nothing like a gin soaked breath to melt the snow!

Then again, I may have decided to just sit in the Red Lion and avoided all the flak. Either way, the decision was taken out of my hands.

Any road up, it’s back to the alter of the snow god for some serious praying. All I need now is another bout of bad weather for the February and March bash - that way I may return to botch up another Remembrance Sunday without to much hassle!

No comments:

Post a Comment